- This event has passed.
Workshop: ‘Recharge your batteries to prevent or recover from a burnout’
11 May 2019 @ 10:00 - 16:30
Organised by Brussels Mindfulness.
With Beate Trück and myself.
- Do you lie in bed at night and wish you had a button to stop that continuous thinking?
- Do you have inexplicable pains which do not seem to go away?
- Are you more often sick than usual and seem to catch every infection that passes by?
- Do negative thoughts dominate your thinking and result in a dark mood far more often than usual?
- Are you easily irritated and feel like it has become all too much?
- Do you feel exhausted and lack energy to tackle the many demands of your day?
- Does your heart sometimes beat very fast giving you the feeling of helplessness or panic?
If any of this sounds familiar to you, they could be symptoms that you are not far away from suffering a burnout. It’s time to recharge your batteries…
Maybe you are at the first stages of entering a burnout or already recovering from it. Maybe it is someone close to you or a colleague who you fear might be in danger. If any of this relates to you, then our day on how to recharge your batteries to prevent or recover from a burnout may be relevant to you.
What will you learn?
A mix of theory, practice and sharing will be offered throughout the day. We will understand how burnout develops and what the symptoms are. Furthermore, we will discover the physiological aspect of it. We will use the wisdom of the group in order to share what works in recovering or preventing a burnout and also where one can find help.
I will present how to energise ourselves through nutrition and optimisation of our digestive system.
We will be learning some relaxation tools and benefit from guided meditations and relaxations, so we can tap into our own resources of healing and nourishment.
We will thus not only hear about how to recharge our batteries, but we will also practice it together with mindfulness meditations and yoga.
Programme of the day
9.30 Registrations and coffee
10.00 Welcome, mindful stretching and short meditation
10.30 Introductions, definitions and symptoms of burnout, followed by some sharing by participants
11.30 Tea break
11.45 Guided Meditation and ways to prevent and heal from burnout
12.30 Lunch break and walking meditation
14.00 Energise yourself through nutrition / optimisation of digestive system (Katrien Maes)
15.00 Tea break
15.15 Guided relaxation
15.45 Identifying and sharing of nourishing activities
What you will walk away with
- An understanding of where you are in terms of your energy balance.
- Insights into what burnout is and how it can be cured and prevented.
- Some tools to resource yourself from within – including what foods to eat and what to avoid.
- A handout and two recipies for energizing food
- The feeling that you are not alone.
- Lots of tips and ideas from others who are in the same boat.
Here are some comments from former participants of this workshop: “I would definitely recommend this workshop for anyone already experiencing burn-out or who has early warning signs. And for people who have already done mindfulness and those who are new to it.”
“Beate gave us very good advice on how to avoid burnout, recover from it and be more resilient to fight stress efficiently in the daily life. The combination of theory, practical advice and meditation sessions was particularly well balanced. I felt refreshed and resourced after a day totally dedicated to wellbeing and self-care.”
The event takes place in “MM81” (room: “Laborit”), avenue Tervuren 81, in the heart of Brussels. It can easily be reached by public transport (Metro: Merode or Montgomery).
115 € per person.
In this price included is the full participation in the programme, a handout, access to guided meditations, two recipies and two tea breaks.
Please bring your own lunch.
Please fill out the form on the website of Brussels Mindfulness.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you would have any questions.
For administrative and practical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to discuss something directly with a teacher, here’s how you can contact us:
- Beate Trück – email@example.com – +32 476 89 29 41
Many thanks for your registration and we are looking forward to meeting you in the day.