One of the best ways to restore and support the harmony between body and mind is through massage of the body and head, with warm Ayurvedic oil.
A Therapeutic Ayurvedic massage has many benefits and is used to:
- alleviate or remedy a range of physical complaints
- overcome symptoms of exhaustion, stress and fatigue
- improve circulation, strengthen the nervous system, promote uptake of oxygen throughout the body
- promote removal of toxins and regulate the digestive system
- strengthen muscles, bones and blood vessels
- enhance the immune system
- strengthen the skin, increasing suppleness and purity
- promote a good sleep
For the massage, warm herbalized sesame oil is used; the amount and temperature of the oil and the pressure applied are adapted to each individual.
Recurring tension and pain in your back/neck/shoulders?
I am more and more convinced about the value of daily/regular self-treatment. I discovered myself how useful it is to do daily exercises, to treat my regularly recurring back pain myself, without feeling dependent on my osteopath.
And more and more I find myself obliged to give my clients exercises after giving them a massage, to give them tools to prolong the effect of the treatment, to convince them about the power of (additional) self-treatment.
Wouldn’t it be great to tackle your tension and physical pain on a more sustainable way?
What do you need for that? What would be a feasible plan?
We can make an individual package, based on your needs, based on these components:
– Massage(s) and discovering together the needs of your body: where does your body store the muscular/fascial tension? Where lies the cause and what does it effect? What do you discover when your body is on the table and how easy is it to disconnect? How is your breathing during the massage?…
– Learning exercises – myofascial stretch and release exercises, self-massage with your hands and with the help of a tennis or massage ball – with the possibility of having an online or virtual daily reminder/coaching/stimulation for your home work.
– Consult/food advice – How is your digestion? How is your energy level? How is your sleep? What are your regular recurring symptoms? What can be a healthy and feasible food plan for you?
Feel free to contact me to work out an individual package!
Also 5- and 10-times cards and gift vouchers available.
Work schedule as of January 2023
Saturday: 9:00-13:00 (1 on 2)
To make an appointment:
-by phone: 0496/89.37.65
-by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
“I have been receiving massage therapy from Katrien Maes over the last years.
Touch is so important for the nervous system. Combined with Katrien her ayurvedic knowledge & medical physiotherapy background, her treatments are nourishing on different levels: mental, physical, emotional & energetic.
The warm nourishing oil combined with Katrien her magical hands brings me back into my body, into my self. So thank you Katrien for sharing your therapeutic knowledge. Not only through the body, but also with mental, wellbeing & food advice when needed. ” LDW 22/06/2021
“I met Katrien two years ago on a silent retreat and since then her massage therapy has helped me to understand the link between my mental state and my physical wellbeing. This has been especially valuable to me as I deepen my mindfulness and yoga practise. Katrien offers more than simply a massage and within each session she takes the time to explore what is going on in your life before moving to the massage therapy – which always gives a special wellness boost. I am feeling the benefits as tension is released through my body, and I’m able to realise which aspects of my life were causing this stress in the first place. Katrien’s therapy room in Strombeek is the ideal location to relax, parking is always easy and the location itself is accessible. I whole heartedly recommend Katrien’s services.” BG 25/06/2021
“I was following an ayurvedic treatment and I received massage from Katrien for one month. Every session made me feel better and better, the body learns receiving the touch and each time I returned home even more refreshed. It was good not only for the body, but it also had a direct impact on my mind and on my emotions. I felt nourished on many levels. Beyond her magical hands, she made me feel very comfortable. Her cabinets have a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. Thank you, Katrien, for being part of my ayurvedic journey! I highly recommend her services.” BF 17/07/2021